Monday, April 15, 2013

It's official

In two weeks I will turn 47.

I can hear the gasps now. Well, I am very proud to say that I will be 47.

Last year I didn't know if I would make it to 47 and here I am.

I am ready to get my party on.

This year has seen some major stomach issues and I have been on and off of a liquid diet for much of the year. Trust me when I tell you that I have hated every minute of it but the end of that tunnel is in sight and I am going to have my some shrimp, crabs and whatever else my little hands can get ahold of. (ok, well maybe just chicken and fish but either way, I'm going to be a happy camper when I can lick my fingers)

This has given me the opportunity to take the time to enjoy the finer things in life, like long walks and spending time with my grandchildren and yes, even writing. Nothing prepares you for life than a medical issue and nothing prepares you to deal with it like having a great support family. +Austin Camacho has been my biggest supporter and good, bad or indifferent; he has been the one guy that has stood the test of these hard times. Kiera McFadgen is my oldest daughter and although she lives in Las Vegas; she was here to help me through the hard times also. My other children, Justin, Greg, RaShaunda, Zac Jr and all of my grandchildren have shown me so much love that it warms my heart.

So on this birthday celebration that will take us into May, I am going to enjoy it to the fullest and along the way, I'll post some pictures so you can take the ride with me.

3 comments:

  1. Happy almost birthday! Sickness is always bad, but a liquid diet... some people do it on purpose to lose weight... one small advantage? Hey party like it's ... whatever year! First thing? Lots of cake and ice cream!! Chocolate, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat blog...NEW FOLLOWER.

    Oh....don't gasp at 47...you are YOUNG. :)

    Stopping by from the Book Bloggers Group on Linkedin.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Sandra, I'm sure that you're still celebrating. XOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete