Yes, I heard someone on the radio say that this morning.
Do you love yourself? Some say it is selfish and some say its is being self centered.
What is wrong with that?
We can show love to our children, our friends, family and some co-workers but when it comes to ourselves; we often over look the obvious.
Sometimes you have to take a day to be selfish. Do something you want to do.
Go to the park, by yourself. Enjoy that picnic that you made especially for you. Oh wait, you don't like deviled eggs...doesn't matter. I do!
Go to the movies and see that thriller, romance or comedy that only YOU want to see. Oh wait, you don't want to go. Good, I wasn't going to invite you.
Go out to the bar and treat yourself to a Martini, Red Wine or just sit and listen and watch the people. Oh wait, you don't want to go. Good, wasn't asking you.
See sometimes we NEED to be selfish.
Call off from work. Take a mental day. Yes, those are what those sick days can be used for. What good is your job when you are stressed in it and can't stay home in the bed to rejuvenate yourself.
Pick a day to do this:
1. Sleep late. Turn off your phone, alarms and all other noise making gadgets.
2. Walk around in your pajamas as long as you want to. (or nude depending on your mood)
3. Don't shave, comb your hair or brush your teeth. (Hey, its your day)
4. When you do decide to get dressed, take yourself out for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Your choice and make sure it is to a place you want to go to.
5. Take a selfie of yourself doing something you want to do. (you will want to remember how much fun you had so you can do this next month too)
6. Don't feel guilty
See that last thing is most important. We often feel guilty for doing things for ourselves. DON'T.
We are entitled to it.
We work hard all other days of the month, week and year. Giving yourself one day is not going to hurt anyone.
Imagine if you do this once a month.
Your co-workers, kids, husband/partner and friends will notice a difference in you. Your step will be lighter. Your mood will be high and your energy will be off the charts.
Just try it once. I dare you!
I'm having my day today! Today is the day that I am going to be selfish. After all;
I deserve it!
Post a Comment