Monday, December 11, 2017

REFLECTING ON THE PAST YEAR

This year has been full of ups and downs. 

It started off so well and then the middle of the year happened and it all seemed to go haywire.

June 6; I will never forget. Its the day I had my first cardiac episode. You know; instead of calling it a heart attack; they (doctors) refer to it as an episode. 

Funny, it's not like an episode of my favorite TV comedy. Nor is it an episode of a docudrama. Instead it was a health 'episode' and for that I got to wear a heart monitor for 45 days. I had to adjust my eating habits AGAIN and I had to take life easy. 

I was smack dab in the middle of trying to get my tiny house money together and then this happens. 

All plans were halted and I became at the mercy of my doctors; nurses and family to help adjust my thinking, my habits and my mental attitude. 

Mind you; I didn't think I was dying but it became a thought. 

I had just turned 51; I wasn't ready to leave this earth. Besides, I had another set of twin grandchildren to wait for and I damn sure was not leaving before meeting them.

So as December continues to roll along; I have taken this opportunity to smile at all of the life lessons that happened in 2017 and can't wait to see what 2018 brings.

Hopefully my tiny house will be delivered by my birthday and I will be able to quit my full time job and just sit in my tiny (yet to be named) and write and enjoy my grand children. Until then, I hope you all are looking back on a year full of lessons and taking the time to enjoy the remaining days of 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment