Monday, March 13, 2017

WHAT'S ON MY MIND

If you haven't been able to tell; +TinyHouse has been on my mind.

I'm in the process of building one. Yep; that's right (where have you been)

This week, March 18 to be exact. I will sit down with Randy Jones from +Incredible Tiny Homes  and design my tiny. (I will be on Facebook Live and on Instagram all weekend. Make sure you follow me. Follow me by clicking this link

What you also need to do is click here---> SUBSCRIBE HERE They are giving away a FREE 20 foot tiny house! All you have to do is follow him on YouTube. (How easy is that)

I am still trying to wrap my brain around the fact that I am getting a tiny house. Never in a million years would I have thought I would be able to live in something less than 300 square feet. My dream home, that I imagined I needed was always in the range of 2,00-3,500 square feet. It included a basement, a theater room, a library and a sitting room.

Well, walking inside of a model tiny home changed my mind. Well; that and my life priorities changed as well.

Even my children don't think I can live in a tiny but I'm trying to convince them to get one for themselves. It may be a little hard since they have children under the age of 10 but maybe when they get older.

So; my journey continues and I have made fast friends with Regina. Who also built her tiny house and if now living in hers. She lives in Florida and is loving her new way of life.

What makes me and Regina so different than most tiny home builders...well we are Black women. Not to say that there aren't others but in terms of tiny home ownership; black people aren't the norm.

Why is that? I am not sure but if you google tiny home owners; most live in California,Ohio, Utah or somewhere in the mid west. Well Regina lives in Florida and I will be in Maryland.

We are taking our tiny home ownership to the next level.

Of course, I'll still be a diva. I"ll still be writing and yes, I'll still have my stilettos (yes, there will be plenty of built in storage for all of my babies).

This is just one of the reasons going tiny for me is the best option. I can save money AND still buy my shoes.

It's a win-win for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment