Wednesday, January 25, 2017

SPREADING LIKE WILD FIRES

Last week I told you all about my dream of going TINY and it has spread like wildfire.

I have spoken about it so much that I one of my co-workers has convinced her husband that they need one of their farm.

At first he wasn't into it and then she told him all about me and showed him some of the sites I had been visiting and showing him videos.

YES, if you search +YouTube   you will find lots and lots of videos on companies that build tiny houses. You will find lots of people that are 'living tiny' and lots of people in the process of building their tiny house.

I am going to have the pleasure of visiting one such builder on Feb. 6 in Tennessee. His name is Randy and he is the owner of Incredible Tiny Homes. He also is the brain child of the "BUILD YOUR OWN UNIVERSITY" in which you build your own tiny house in about 7 days. 

Not to worry because he has skilled electricians and plumbers there to help you with your 'TINY" build. 

There are lots of people who want to live tiny but don't want to give up the comforts of modern living. Who said you had to?

I am not giving up anything. I will have a FULL sized kitchen. Which means regular kitchen appliances. I will have a FULL working bathroom. No composting toilet for me. 
Side note: I'll have an entire blog on that on a later date. 

I will also have a dedicated living, bedroom and sitting area. No sharing of space for me. 

So if you don't think you can live in a tiny; its fine. No one is forcing you but I saw a video by comedian Steve Harvey that said, "Who are these people that want to live in Tiny houses? Why are their standards so low that they can't dream to live in a bigger house. If you want to live in a tiny house, you are stupid." Yep those are his EXACT words. Well Mr. Harvey I'll tell you what is stupid.

Stupid is the judgement of people who CHOOSE not to waste money for 30 years paying a mortgage for a home that they CAN'T afford. Stupid is the thinking of small minded people who judge others because they choose to think for themselves and not like everyone else.

So while everyone else pays, on average, $1800 to $2000 a month for a mortgage, I'll pay $400 a month for 2 years and OWN my own house that I can move to wherever my mood takes me.

Yeah, if that is being stupid; I'll take stupid over being smart any day of the week.


No comments:

Post a Comment