Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Finding Time

In my continuing effort to bring more people to my blog and to give other authors the chance to blog with me. Today I have turned over BSW to Ami Blackwelder. You may know her from her previous two blog posts but today she talks about finding that all elusive thing called Time. Sit back and enjoy and leave a comment at the end, she likes to hear back from you.

How many of us have lives that are so busy we rarely have time for ourselves? I mean the cook breakfast for your hubby-run to the car-drive the kids to school-work for money-clean the house-cook the dinner for the family, kinds of girls or guys out there.
          Seriously, I’m talking about the Superwoman and Superman in this world.
          Well, how do we find the time to do it all?
          I’d be the first to confess I was not the best at time management when I first graduated university. 
          No one tells you that the “real” world is not waiting for you and me. That it is a dog-eat-dog world and the first one to the finishing line might not give you a break.
          So, if you don’t become good at time management, cultivating those skills when you are younger, it will only become harder in time.
View She Speaks to Angels Button.jpg in slide show Write down what your day looks like on paper. Look it over with a cup of tea, or your favorite beverage. Put the time you start each activity and how long it takes you to do it. Is there a better way to do all of it? A faster way? If you feel overwhelmed, maybe there are certain tasks to do on a certain day and others to do on another? Break up the tasks. Doing everything is not possible, so do what you can and the rest later.
Make a ‘to do list’. This often helps me. I know I won’t forget what I need done and the weight of it somehow is released, because I no longer have to keep it in my head.
          I like to write days or times next to each ‘to do item’ and then tackle them one at a time. Writing down what you have to do and thinking over how to accomplish the tasks will not only make you feel better, you will be able to get a lot more done. Why? Because you are spending more time accomplishing and less time worrying. Before you know it, it will be done and you will have had no time to worry about getting it all done.
          Well, I hope that helps! But if you still need a distraction at night before you go to bed (or at work ;) please check out my books http://amiblackwelder.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment