Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Getting Better At What You Do

Have you ever wondered why some authors have a hard time making it through edits, rewriting, or just finishing a novel?

One of the reasons could be: They haven't learned the tools to keep them moving forward. They haven't learned how to take their work to the next level.

Being an author, is just like being a doctor. You have to continually make yourself better. You don't get to be the best at what you do without taking a few lessons from others that do the same thing that you do.

As an author, you should sign up for writing classes whenever you can. Making yourself the best writer that you can, is what makes people (the buying public) want to know more about your works and your style. You can't move forward while standing still.

As a writer, if you haven't taken one class since you have been published, than you are standing still. If you have, I congratulate you, but if you haven't, I encourage you to take a class on editing, character development or setting.

I have signed up for classes and I am even a full time college student. I want to learn as much as I can to be competititve in a market that sees continual growth everyday.

What about you?
Here's is a class being offered on Character Development why not check it out and see if this is for you.

I know I will. If you have a class that you are offering or know of someone giving a class, send me an email; I will gladly post it for you.

1 comment: