Wednesday, August 7, 2013

WANTS VS NEEDS

Has there every been a time that you wanted something so bad, that you couldn't really do anything else but think about it.

Well I know that feeling and it can be good or bad. It's good because you get to feel the excitement of going after something that you really want. It's bad because if you don't get it; the let down is horrible.

In my life I have wanted things and gone after them and most of the time I have been very pleased with the outcome.

Until recently, I was very happy with the direction my life had taken and was very pleased with the way that I 'went after what I wanted."

Recently when I realized that I would not be able to have the one thing that I wanted, that is when  I knew what it felt like to be dejected and feel lost.

Had I lived in a fantasy world my entire life or had this one thing become more important to me than anything else?

I'm not sure what the answer to that question is because right now; I'm still feeling very overwhelmed by the sheer thought of not getting what I want.

The only solice that I have is that there will always be another day and I get a do-over. That and I can always make myself feel better with new shoes.

3 comments:

  1. Many people find it very hard to separate their wants from their needs. I think most of us spend more time thinking, dreaming, even fantasizing about our wants. The things we really need - air, food, love - we don't think about that much unless we're not getting any.

    I suspect we have one in common: we need to write.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found out if there's something I really want, I just need to get over it. Quick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear ya girl, and I totally agree with Austin. Needs are required for survival, and we generally take them for granted ... until they're taken from us. Wants, on the other hand, are required for living. They are the tangibles that make one day better than another. They provide or deny happiness and contentment. Sometimes survival, just ain't enough. Humans need to live as well. Go get what you want!

    ReplyDelete