Today I have a guest blogger by the name of Lauren Carr. We met recently due in part to a posting on LinkedIn about an upcoming event next year on Sept. 13-15, 2013; C3 Conference.
She regularly posts for Buried Under Books blogs and today she decided to drop by.
Ten Advantages to Having a Mystery Author for a Friend (in person or on Facebook).
1. If you’re ever locked out of your home, your mystery author friend will know best how to break in.
2. Who better to show you where best to conceal a weapon?
3. At Pampered Chef’s parties, they are very handy in detailing what kitchen utensils make the best weapons for use in self-defense … just in case your family launches a coup after serving them your world infamous tuna casserole once too often.
4. Mystery authors are less sappy at conferences than Romance authors. We don’t hug as much. That isn’t because we’re standoffish. It’s because we don’t want you to detect our concealed weapons. Since we don’t hug as much, this means we don’t spread as many germs and you’re less likely to catch a cold when you get home.
5. Mystery authors are more exciting. They are the only friends able to plot out your murder and list your friends and family as suspects in order of interest when you’re fifteen minutes late for lunch. (If your friend reveals that the babysitter did it, you may want to take a closer look at the sitter’s text messages.)
6. During those paranoid moments when you think your next door neighbor is a mob assassin because he has been acting suspicious, your mystery writing buddy is the one friend you can count on to not only support your belief, but break into his house to illegally search it for proof. Of course, you can depend on your friend to bring the lock pick kit and know how to use it. (Don’t ask her how she knows how to use it.)
7. If your spouse leaves you for another woman, your mystery author friend can advise you on how to fake your death and make it look like he killed you so that he will spend the rest of his life in jail for what he did.
8. Your mystery author friend is more than happy to run a background check on that new mate you met online.
9. On that first date, you can count on your mystery writing friend to tail you and your date all evening to make sure you don’t end up in a plot for their latest book … whether you want her to or not.
10. We know what countries don’t have extradition.
So make a Mystery Writing friend today!
I’d love to make your acquaintances at any of my sites:
Blog: Literary Wealth: http://literarywealth.wordpress.com/
Gnarly’s Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/GnarlyofMacFaradayMysteries